cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash capacity of the STM32F723IC

Rookie38
Associate III

Hello ST Community,

I am currently working with the STM32F723ICT6. This has according to the datasheet (added as image) a flash capacity of 256 KBytes.

While flashing with the STM32CubeProgrammer, which confirms the 256 KBytes flash capacity, I generated a file with an exact size of 512 KBytes with random content and tried to flash it to the start address 0x0800 0000. My expectation was that this might not work, but the flashing was successful anyway.

As proof I read 512 KBytes from the same start address via CubeProgrammer using the STLink and compared the checksum of the generated file and it was identical. Consequently the 512 KBytes were flashed completely.

Do I have a mistake or is the flash capacity of the STM32F723IC identical to the STM32F723IEXX? Consequently it would be wrong documented.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

That is essentially the same question as here.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

That is essentially the same question as here.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Rookie38
Associate III

I apologize for the redundant question. I think I missed this post during my search of the forum. Thanks for the quick reply.

However, the use of the community site is also maximally exhausting. I'm already upset every time that despite defined cookie exceptions, in every session the message pops up to accept cookies and then the whole browser page completely reloads. I have never seen anything like that. I wonder why ST don't use existing developer discussion platforms like GitHub Discussions or similar. There are enough alternatives (with mobile support, awesome search ,alert and tag functions etc.).

But as soon as I have more technical knowledge, I will try to contribute with more feedback. Still very new in the ST cosmos