cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am I missing: STM32CubeMX/STM32CubeIDE Limited to 16bit data with STM32F765IITx (LQFP176).

JLott.1
Associate

I selected the LQFP176 package, because the datasheet expresses a 32bit data bus. However, ST development tools are limiting me to 16bit. Has anybody taken the generated 16bit code and expanded it to 32bit or would I be wasting my time? Thank you for any feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JLott.1
Associate

Thank you for reaching out!!! I also dug a little deeper into the flash I'm trying to interface with (a SIMM of 8 x AM29DL323DB, with the chip selects tied to pairs/32bit data). I was mistakenly stuck on NAND flash for some reason (limited to 16bits); but the STM32 NOR interface, fits the bill much better! I'll be more careful/patient before asking questions in the future. Thank you for your time!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TDK
Guru

Works for me with SDRAM. Not all memory types support 32-bits. Provide more info on what you're trying to do.

0693W000005Czv7QAC.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JLott.1
Associate

Thank you for reaching out!!! I also dug a little deeper into the flash I'm trying to interface with (a SIMM of 8 x AM29DL323DB, with the chip selects tied to pairs/32bit data). I was mistakenly stuck on NAND flash for some reason (limited to 16bits); but the STM32 NOR interface, fits the bill much better! I'll be more careful/patient before asking questions in the future. Thank you for your time!