cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the Pinout and Configuration .ioc is wrong

Wai Siang
Associate III

I have been using STM32F767zi for long time.
I know some of the pin feature by heart.
Last night, I enabled ETH for a moment and to see what pin it uses, then I disable it and then all the chaos happened.

I realized that many of frequently used USART 2, USART3, UART5, USART6 pins are changed to other pins....

I was like okay, then I follow to wire to the new pins, but it doesn't work well... weird.

Then I reopen some other project of the  same board and realized that using same UART5, for exmaple, and saw that it was not that 2 pins as TX and RX....

Why and how is this happen?

I tried to open new project, then pick the same Nucleo board, and immediately see the UART5 again, and WTF! another new pin?
no, UART5 was all the while PB12 and PB13, USART3 is at PB10,PB11.... I have been using it for a year plus... Where come this PCx PDx and other new allocation that not actually working??

Is this new update bug?
Can anyone help how to load the really true working .ioc back?

2 REPLIES 2
Wai Siang
Associate III

I did a CLEAR PINOUT and I saw the old working UART5 pin shows when enable.

Why is that so? the New Project newly loaded .ioc file is wrong and we have to CLEAN PINOUT everytime using it now?

TDK
Guru

Most peripherals can use a few different pins. If you want to switch pins, choose the pin you want and choose that function. It will change. You can press Ctrl + Click and hold to see what alternate pins are available for a given choice.

So, if you want UART5_TX on PC12, select pin PC12 in the main window and choose the UART5_TX function.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".