cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4xx:HAL_RCCEx_PeriphCLKConfig, PLL clock source and divider M already set

Abhi_Data
Associate II

I am getting error in auto generated code. While doing Init for RNG peripheral at very first time just after flash  it's going in error loop and later upon reset, it is working fine. This behaviour I observed in debugging mode. 
What is the issue can you help?

2.PNG

Abhi_Data_0-1697612418186.png

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

What board is this? How is that function being called--what clock changes are being made? Doesn't appear to be RNG related.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Abhi_Data 

Make sure that the RCC clock configuration settings are correct for your specific microcontroller and application.

Are you using external clock source? It would be helpful to provide MX configuration file (*.IOC)

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The posted/highlighted code is not in HAL_RCCEx_PeriphCLKConfig, but in RCCEx_PLLSAI1_Config().

What is content PllSai1 and how is the PLL source set (i.e. what is content of RCC->PLLCFGR) at that moment?

Tell us more about your intended application and hardware.

JW

can you please review newly added attachments?

This is code is auto generated while I enabled RNG peripheral 
Added image of IOC file
please look again

It's simple RNG application for the flash to test.
While doing inti for RNG ?it's going in error loop for very first time and after reset once it works fine

added Ioc image

FBL
ST Employee

Hi again @Abhi_Data 

Could you confirm the same issue using different clock source or decreasing clock frequency? According to the reference manual, RNG Clock source CLK48SEL is used to select 48MHz Clock. Are you sure about the MSI clock configuration being used?

You can try this example for reference:  STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_L4_V1.18.0\Projects\NUCLEO-L4P5ZG\Examples\RNG\RNG_Config

Note that you didn't provide further details about the product being used ...

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.