cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX5.1.0 ADC "DMA Continuous Requests" doesn't work

kurta999
Senior

I opened an older project which was created with 5.0.1, and the newest CubeMX shows an error for this option in ADC. But this option is correct. I tried to create a new project, and I wasn't able to enable this option here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @kurta999​ 

You are right , Issue will be fixed in the next CubeMX release.

Best regards,

Khouloud

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @kurta999​ 

Thank you for the feedback, this reported internally for further check.

Best Regards,

Khouloud

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Can you please share your ioc file?

Best Regards,

Khouloud

Yes, here it is.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @kurta999​ 

You are right , Issue will be fixed in the next CubeMX release.

Best regards,

Khouloud

Rogers.Gary
Senior II

Hi,

I too am having the same issue. There is a red "x" for "DMA Continuous Requests", and hovering over it, the message is "DMA Continuous Requests parameter can only be set to enable if a DMA request is active in the DMA settings tab". Of course, I do have a DMA request set up.

Let me know if you need more information on this little annoying HAL bugster.

Jeff Gros
Associate II

I struggled with this issue for longer than I would like to admit. I was uninstalling and reinstalling different versions of CubeMX to no avail.

To my surprise, I found that if I created a new project, I was able to configure "DMA Continuous Requests" as enabled, but using my existing project, I was not. I did a diff between the two ioc files, and performed the tedious process of changing things one by one until the "Enable" option appeared.

The magic setting was the CubeMX Database version.

My faulty version was "MxDb.Version=DB.4.0.270".

My correct version was "MxDb.Version=DB.5.0.10".

I don't think users should be required to change low level files to configure critical settings like this. If it exists through the GUI, I've never seen it in obvious places (project manager, etc).

Turns out "5.0.10" isn't the correct version, as you cannot use RefInt, Temp or VBat!

You need to use "MxDb.Version=DB.5.0.0".

What a nightmare!

Rogers.Gary
Senior II

ST Tech Support says: "...the temperature sensor doesn't allow you to do dma continuous request...it's bug of CubeMx."

Hopefully they will fix this annoying....bug. Soon.

​Hello @Rogers.Gary​ 

This issue has been fixed in 5.2.0 CubeMX version.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.