cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube\Repository takes 30Go

JLema
Associate II

Hi,

I've realize my STM32Cube\Repository folder takes 30Go.

I was curious if I have to keep the folders STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.X.0 from 0 to 23, or if I can only keep STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.23.0 and delete the others?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

You need only one F4 version, the latest (unless you have several projects that must use older versions and cannot be upgraded). The latest F4 version, by the way, is 1.24 released in February.

-- pa

Yes it is a beast. And CubeMX copies localized files into projects too, doesn't it?

It holds the .ZIP file it downloads, and the 2x, or so, space it unpacks onto disc. It throws random errors if it eats all your disc space.

Purge what you don't need, I don't think it is a smart delete, so watch if you have projects built under the trees, ie HAL examples built in Keil, IAR, etc.

The download methodology is also poor, and not restartable. If it fails at 1GB, you get to do it all over again.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
JLema
Associate II

Gentlemen's, thank you very much for your answers, I really appreciate your help!

Clive, as far as I know by default all the libraries are copied to local project folder but it's possible to change it for references.

Thanks

I tend not to use CubeMX, but rather use Keil to build projects under the HAL trees using relative paths. It is easier to migrate to new library versions that way, and uses less space. I do have to keep a log file about where all the projects are, as it gets complicated keeping track otherwise.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..