cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q boad - CubeMX Conflicts in default project

ShawnP
Associate II

New to STM32. I've ordered a NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q development board and have been playing with CubeMX in preparation for board arrival. In creating a project for the board I'm starting the project using the board selector and selecting the NUCLEO-U575ZI-Q. I select the option to initialize all the peripherals in default mode and the project initializes. But there are yellow flags all over the place indicating conflicts on the pins.

Is this expected behavior?

Specific examples (not comprehensive):

• RCC - partly disabled conflict with: USART1 Mode Asynchonous
  • TSC - partly disabled conflict with: PB14 PB5 PC7 PB7
  • DEBUG - partly disabled conflict with: UCPD1 UCPD Mode Sink

First, it's not clear what there messages really mean. Not sure if it's a "real" conflict or a "potential" conflict.

If it's "real", why would ST ship a template with all these conflicts?

How do I resolve them?

I've attached the project in case that's of any help in understanding the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shawn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @ShawnP​, welcome to the Community =)

When selecting a board, all the peripheral of the board should be automatically activated so as it would be prepared for the demo program. I can easy turn them off, if its not needed but turn it on in the needed configuration is sometimes very difficult.

In the board Selector, check the option ''Initialize all IP with their default Mode''. This way, the used peripherals by the external components of the board will be activated.

Don't agree to initialize peripherals to their default settings clicking "NO" in the dialog box

0693W00000WHZxoQAH.png 

After clicking on ‘NO’, the screen will be similar to the below picture and green color pin indicating that they are initiated by default.

0693W00000WHZycQAH.png 

Also, launch STM32CubeMX, then select the access MCU selector to select the STM32 MCU if you want to work without initialization of the pins :

0693W00000WHa1WQAT.png 

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @ShawnP​, welcome to the Community =)

When selecting a board, all the peripheral of the board should be automatically activated so as it would be prepared for the demo program. I can easy turn them off, if its not needed but turn it on in the needed configuration is sometimes very difficult.

In the board Selector, check the option ''Initialize all IP with their default Mode''. This way, the used peripherals by the external components of the board will be activated.

Don't agree to initialize peripherals to their default settings clicking "NO" in the dialog box

0693W00000WHZxoQAH.png 

After clicking on ‘NO’, the screen will be similar to the below picture and green color pin indicating that they are initiated by default.

0693W00000WHZycQAH.png 

Also, launch STM32CubeMX, then select the access MCU selector to select the STM32 MCU if you want to work without initialization of the pins :

0693W00000WHa1WQAT.png 

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.