cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeRTOS systick

YasirR
Associate

Hello Everyone,

I am working with FreeRTOS on an STM32MP157CAA and configuring the CM4 core in engineering mode using CubeIDE. According to the documentation, it's necessary to select a timer other than SysTick for the HAL timebase. However, in CubeIDE, under the SYS settings in the Pinout tab, I only see SysTick available as an option.

When I generate the code, I receive the following warning:

WARNING:
When RTOS is used, it is strongly recommended to use a HAL timebase source other than the SysTick. The HAL time base source can be changed from the Pinout tab under SYS.

Despite this, I am unable to select any other timebase source besides SysTick.

Could anyone provide guidance on how to configure a different HAL timebase source for FreeRTOS in this setup? Any advice or workaround would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

just give it (select in Cube...) a timer , you anyway not need for your program, i took TIM6 :

AScha3_0-1719563724346.png

Then it uses this and adjust it...you dont need to care about it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi AScha.3,

Thank you for your response. I understand what you mean. As I mentioned, I am unable to select any other timer; only SysTick is available as an option. Unlike in your case, I do not see any other timers like TIM6 highlighted for selection.

Do I need to configure anything else to enable the other timers, or is there another step I am missing to make these timers available for selection? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Please have a look on the attached picture.

Hmmm...

1. you can only select timers, that are not used (by you), state : grey, unused on left side.

2. timers (in clock tree need a clock...) check in clock tree, you have clocks everywhere:

AScha3_0-1719564631630.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".