cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cube IDE deleting Src folder?

DavidAlfa
Senior II

I already got this issue for the last 3 updates, so I made a backup before updating to v1.7.

The Core/Scr folder was completely wiped out. All the files gone,

Such serious issues are absolutely unacceptable!

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @DavidAlfa​ ,

Thanks for your feedback. Could you please detail more how did you reproduce to get this issue.

Is it similar to the issue reported in this post ?

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Khouloud.

Hi @DavidAlfa​ ,

First let me explain briefly the problem reported this post: In fact the problem here is that when doing a copy of the whole generated folder, opening the .ioc file of the copied project and generate code. Then backing to origin generated project, the Src file will be deleted. Only the Inc folder remains in <Project_Location>\Core directory.

Otherwise, if you've reproduced differently to get such misbehavior, it will be helpful to precise how did you proceed in order to get this issue.

Your feedback is important to track the the root cause of the problem.

Khouloud.

DavidAlfa
Senior II

Thanks for the feedback, it must be the same issue​.

I copied the project before updating, just in case.

It compiled ok, so I deleted it and opened the master.​.. and the Src folder was gone.

Ironically, the problem was caused by making a backup !​

No issues this time, I had uploaded it to Github, ​learned the lesson last time it happened.

Hello @DavidAlfa​ ,

Thanks for the confirmation. As I've mentioned this issue was already detected with STM32CubeMX version 6.2.1.

>I copied the project before updating, just in case

I'll share with you my comprehension in order to avoid any misunderstanding; so, you've proceeded as following:

1. You've copied whole generated folder by STM32CubeMX version 6.2.1.
  2. You've loaded the .ioc file of the copied project using STM32CubeMX version 6.2.1 , generated code and build it.
  3. You've deleted the copied file and checked the original project folder.

Please correct me if I misunderstood something.

Normally, this issue is fixed with the latest STM32CubeMX version 6.3.0 and the Src file won't be deleted anymore.

Could you confirm please ?

Khouloud. 

DavidAlfa
Senior II

Inside the IDE: Right click in "project1", copy, paste, rename to "project2".

Updated the IDE.

Opened "project2", renamed .ioc to "project2", generated code, worked correctly.

Closed "project2" and deleted it.

Opened "project1", Core/Src files were gone.

I already got this issue in 1.5.1 if I remember correctly.

It's hard to know, when copying a project and start working on it, I might return to the "mother" project after days or weeks and then notice that it was wiped out.

What to blame? For sure you know it's something in the IDE, but hard to identify after so much time.

Thanks for fixing it ��