cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Long Range RF Test - STM32CubeMonitor - two boards NUCLEO-WL55JC - how to make tests with t

PawelKan
Associate II

Hallo,

I have two NUCLEO-WL55JC boards with dedicated FW (LoRaWAN\LoRaWAN_AT_Slave) for making some tests with STM32CubeMonitor. Everything works fine, tests are possible without problems, but these two boards are connected to the same computer. That's why I cannot say, that I am doing some long range tests - rather very short range tests... The range is limited by the length of two USB cables (between each Nucleo and USB port).

So - the question is: Is there possible, to make real long range test with two boards? IIf yes, how to do it? Do I need two persons with two computers (each board connected to each computer), calling by the phone to each other and starting the dedicated tests - what should be the procedure? One starts RX Test and the other Tx Test (for example for RF Test Tone(CW))?

PawelKan_0-1687370512944.png

Or maybe do I need only one PC and one board connected to it, and the second Nucleo will work in automated way? 

Regards

Paul

1 REPLY 1
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @PawelKan

STM32CubeMonitor is designed to monitor both locally or remotely from a web browser using the IP address of the host PC. see main principles of STM32CubeMonitor .

In order to perform your test, you need:

• one PC connected to a nucleo
  • a second PC connected to a second nucleo in another place

Both PC should run STM32CubeMonitor and on one of them you should be able to connect remotly to the second one through a web brother and monitor the remote device.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.