cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMonitor v1.4.0 not acquiring on Ubuntu 20.04

MGieb.1
Associate II

I was using STM32CubeMonitor v1.30 on Ubuntu 20.04 without any problems.

After upgrading to v1.4.0 my previously working flows no longer capture any data.

My ST-Link V3 probe shows green on the "acq in" and "aqc out" nodes..

When I click on Start Acquisition, my variable names show in the charts and gauges, but no data.

I downgraded back to v1.3.0 and the Exact same flow works in v1.3.0.

If I launch v1.4.0 from the command line, I see some warnings and an error.

Is this a hint as to why acquiring data doesn't work?

BEGIN ---- CLI log -----

$ stm32cubemonitor 

(stm32cubemonitor:788869): dbind-WARNING **: 09:29:27.658: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

[788902:0817/092927.832573:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(374)] InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.

17 Aug 09:29:27 - [info] 

[redacted to make ST forum bot happy]

END ---- CLI log -----

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hi,

Root cause of the issue have been found, will be corrected in next official release 1.5.0.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @MGieb.1​ 

Could not reproduce your issue on my Ubuntu 20.04, I get the same sandbox_linux.cc error but no dbind-WARNING. May be this post : https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/532585/getting-dbind-warnings-about-registering-with-the-accessibility-bus may help?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

If possible, can you share your flow in private , in order I try it on my machine.

Hello Richard,
Thanks for reaching out.
Yes, I can share the flow with you.
Not sure if replying to this email thread is private or will it end up in the forum?

LOL

MGieb.1
Associate II

Hello @Richard.Chvr

I tried the suggestion for the dbind-WARNING of setting:

export NO_AT_BRIDGE=1 

The warning went away in v1.4.0 but it did not fix the problem of no data acquiring.

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hi,

Root cause of the issue have been found, will be corrected in next official release 1.5.0.

MGieb.1
Associate II

Sounds great! I'll definitely try it out when it's available.