cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMonitor - Trigger SW Reset

MKori.1
Associate III

Hello,

I would like to trigger a STM32 device reset from inside STM32CubeMonitor.

I'm developing an application using STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeMonitor. Duringe measuring of my variables via STM32CubeMonitor it is possible that my device gets into a reduced function safe state (on purpose). Then it would be very helpful to trigger a device reset via a button like I'm able to do during debugging in STM32CubeIDE.

I understand currently only the topics: Read, Start and Stop are available for a probe-node. Is it possible to trigger a reset via additional (maybe undocumented) options or is this feature planned in a future release?

If not is there a workaround available? I tried to connect to the GDB server opened by the probe-node after starting the acquisition but wasn't successful. As far as a saw it, the server is always opend on a different port?!.

Thank you

Best regards

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @MKori.1​ 

There's no such option in STM32CubeMonitor, as a workaround you may also try to use write node in order to write a variable to trigger an event in your application to reset.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MKori.1
Associate III

As a workaround I can trigger a reset via STM32ProgrammerCLI. But this doesn't work when the connection is active.

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

Hello @MKori.1​ 

There's no such option in STM32CubeMonitor, as a workaround you may also try to use write node in order to write a variable to trigger an event in your application to reset.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
MKori.1
Associate III

Hello,

thank you for your idea, this should work for me. As the debugger interface in the background is already able to reset the device is it planned to update the probe-node? Is there a place to post such ideas? Something like "Issues" in Github.

Richard.Chvr
ST Employee

I will raise a Change request to the dev. team to post your proposal.