cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMonitor 1.7.0 used with a Nucleo-H563ZI only gets the value 0 from the processor.

On MacOS 14.2.1, STM32CubeMonitor 1.7.0, STM32CubeIDE 1.14.0, NUCLEO-H563ZI MB1404C

In CubeIDE I created a new project with:

/* USER CODE BEGIN 0 */
volatile uint32_t i;
/* USER CODE END 0 */

and

/* USER CODE BEGIN WHILE */
while (1)
{
/* USER CODE END WHILE */

/* USER CODE BEGIN 3 */
i = (i + 1) % 300;
HAL_Delay(100);
}
/* USER CODE END 3 */

I load the code into the processor, run it in the debugger, and it goes through the proper motions, i ramps from 0 to 299 and repeats.

Next, in CubeMonitor I use the basic template, as described in various ST training videos, to display the value of 'i' and it always comes up on my chart as having a value of zero.

I try various things, delete any extraneous stuff, try again from the templates, restart, reset, retry, try a different instance of the Nucleo board, but the answer is always zero.

So, I grab a Nucleo-F767ZI board, new project in CubeIDE with the same USER CODE sections, load and check, update the same CubeMonitor flow for the new ST-Link and .elf file, deploy it and it works as hoped, giving me a slow sawtooth graph.

From this evidence I deduce that 1) CubeMonitor 1.7.0 doesn't know how to talk to an STM32H563ZI or 2) I missed something somewhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2

Got it, see https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubemonitor-mcus/stm32-cube-monitor-show-value-zero/td-p/602617

You need to set the (undocumented) access point to 1 in variables.

A

Hello

Thanks for the feedback and the solution Andrei. It will be useful for other users.

Here are some information about the Access Point / Access Port / "AP" :

The data are collected through the AHB bus access port. For some devices there is only one access port, while for other there are multiples AP ( multiples cores, or dedicated function of AP)

The information about AP is in the MCU reference manual.

For the STM32H563ZI, there are 2 AP, information is in the Reference Manual at chapter 58.4:

58.4 Access ports
There are two access ports (AP) attached to the DP.
• System debug access port (AP0): Enables access to the DBGMCU and the system
ROM table via an APB bus.
• Cortex®-M33 debug access port (AP1): Enables access to the debug and trace
features integrated in the Cortex®-M33 processor core via its internal AHB bus.

So for this STM32, the port for data acquisition through AHB bus is the AP1. So Access Point in CubeMonitor must be set to 1.  

Support of the device has been added in version 1.6.0. When the STM32 are supported by CubeMonitor, the device family name is displayed under the probe node : For this chip, it should display "STM32H56xxx/7xxx". 

Have a nice day.