cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32 cube monitor show value zero

bepot
Associate II

I am using STM32H503RB nucleoboard. I have initialized project from cubeMX with default settings and only added a variable 'x' which is incremented with 100ms period. On CubeMonitor, 'x' variable value is always zero. When I debug I can see variable is incrementing. How can it be possible? By the way I am using windows 11. 

By the way, I realized that if I work on STM32f4 discovery, everything is okay. It seems that stlink v3 may cause problem on stm32cube monitor. It is not related with windows 11 or 10

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello

There are some points to check in the wiki help :  STM32CubeMonitor:Troubleshooting - stm32mcu

For the STM32H503, the debug port is port 1.  It is necessary to set the "Access point" to 1 in the "variables" node.

As usually the port 0 is used, it may be set to 0 in your flow and in this case the value returned is always 0. Can you check if you have the "access point" set to 1 ? 

Please let us know if it helps.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello

There are some points to check in the wiki help :  STM32CubeMonitor:Troubleshooting - stm32mcu

For the STM32H503, the debug port is port 1.  It is necessary to set the "Access point" to 1 in the "variables" node.

As usually the port 0 is used, it may be set to 0 in your flow and in this case the value returned is always 0. Can you check if you have the "access point" set to 1 ? 

Please let us know if it helps.  Thank you.

Thank you. It is working now.