cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow triangle warnings in STM32CubeIDE

mathieusteketee
Associate III

In the STM32CubeIDE I have several yellow triangle warnings. I have read in some other posts this is just that some features of that cannot be enabled due to your current settings. However, in my case I have very many and on all Timers. I am struggling with the UART connectivity and maybe thought these triangles could cause it. 

See image below: 

mathieusteketee_0-1713880478544.png

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AScha.3
Chief

These triangles could cause - nothing !

Its just showing, that here (yellow) no more all functions can be used, because pins already used for other function.

So you have used almost all pins on this chip...not much still "free" . That it shows you. 

If you have 100% used all pins , dont cry about : here is something wrong, just take a case with more pins .

See here on xxxZ , 144 pins, still many free pins = functions to use. Just a view yellow warnings:

AScha3_0-1713882603648.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AScha.3
Chief

These triangles could cause - nothing !

Its just showing, that here (yellow) no more all functions can be used, because pins already used for other function.

So you have used almost all pins on this chip...not much still "free" . That it shows you. 

If you have 100% used all pins , dont cry about : here is something wrong, just take a case with more pins .

See here on xxxZ , 144 pins, still many free pins = functions to use. Just a view yellow warnings:

AScha3_0-1713882603648.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @mathieusteketee 

You are understanding very well the purpose of the yellow triangle. Put the Cursor on those triangle and you will receive a pop-up with the raison behind the fact that some features of that cannot be used.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.