cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get "shortcut" folders and how to get rid of them for STM32H745 empty project?

Rodo
Senior

Hi all,

This is a bit silly but it is annoying to me. The picture below shows an empty project (top: DiscoBaseEmpty) and one cubeIDE project (bottom: DiscoBaseIDE) for a dual core STM32H745 disco board. I'm learning what's required to get an empty project to work. I recreated the folders structure of the cubeIDE project with the files and folders in the empty projects. The DiscoBaseEmpty_CM4 is compiling without errors. Although, I only added HAL_Init() to main() for now. 

The Core folders (in both projects) have 3 other subfolders (Inc, Src and Startup) . The cubeIDE projects shows them too but in the empty project cubeIDE seems to insist in placing "shortcut" folders (Core/Src and Core/Startup) and I can not get rid of them. Trying to delete them ask if I really wanna delete them from the filesystem which is not what I want. I want to get rid of the shortcut folders... and why does it do it for the empty project and not the one created as cubeIDE? Thanks.

projectViewA.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rodo
Senior

I found how to remove the shortcut folders. when I was adding the folders to the CM7 core project. It looks like I added them as "/DiscoBaseEmpty_CM4/Core/Src" and "/DiscoBaseEmpty_CM4/Core/Startup" to the source locations in the project properties (project properties -> C/C++ general -> Paths and Symbols -> Source Location Tab).

I removed the two entries and added "/DiscoBaseEmpty_CM4/Core". This automatically removed the shortcut folders and the project still compiled without errors.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rodo
Senior

I found how to remove the shortcut folders. when I was adding the folders to the CM7 core project. It looks like I added them as "/DiscoBaseEmpty_CM4/Core/Src" and "/DiscoBaseEmpty_CM4/Core/Startup" to the source locations in the project properties (project properties -> C/C++ general -> Paths and Symbols -> Source Location Tab).

I removed the two entries and added "/DiscoBaseEmpty_CM4/Core". This automatically removed the shortcut folders and the project still compiled without errors.