cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the "ARM" tab in the "embedded software packs manager" gone?

A.D.
Associate III

I used to manage my CMSIS install via the embedded packet manager in the CubeIDE. It was always shown, like in the second screenshot below (I pulled that one from the internet).

But now I freshly installed CubeIDE 1.9 on a new computer and the ARM tab is just not showing (first screenshot).

Do I have to change some settings to get that ARM tab back to manage my CMSIS package? Or what went wrong here?

0693W00000NqqgeQAB.jpg0693W00000NqqgZQAR.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

This was removed around 2 years ago with the release of STM32CubeMX 6.0, which was also integrated into STM32CubeIDE.

It was removed because the packs were conflicting with the files included in other packs and FWs.

You can still manually download the pack from the ARM website and import it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

This was removed around 2 years ago with the release of STM32CubeMX 6.0, which was also integrated into STM32CubeIDE.

It was removed because the packs were conflicting with the files included in other packs and FWs.

You can still manually download the pack from the ARM website and import it.

I see. It was a really convenient feature, I liked the ease of managing the CMSIS version.

This is a rather old post, but seems to be still active...

I get the same issue, but strangely enough, on my PC I do see ARM tab but not on my Mac!

When I try to download the package from ARM website, I get to the Keil arm page (https://www.keil.arm.com/packs/) and there if I download a package, let's say for the STM32F4 and try to install it on my Mac, I get an 'incompatible package' message.

Do you have a more detailed information on how to install ARM in order to allow me compile my projects using CMSIS-DSP package on my Mac?

Thanks

Jean-Yves