cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I inported the project created in different PC and worked there, the error "program nullgcc not found in PATH" occurs on my PC and cannot build it. How can I fix this problem?

nWata.1
Associate

I also saw the similar problem "arm-none-eabi-gcc not found in PATH". I fixed this by changing the plugin path, but for nullgcc I'm not sure which path needs to be changed. I already changed some suspicious pathes. I may not have the program.

2 REPLIES 2
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @nWata.1​ ,

Double check that your anti-virus didn't remove the make.exe file located by default at:

C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.x.x\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.win32_1.0.0.201904231117\tools\bin

Setting the path is done at:

Project Properties -> C/C++ build -> environment -> PATH

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

nWata.1
Associate

Hello KHALSI_Foued,

Thank you for your feedback. I checked the path as you pointed out.

Project Properties -> C/C++ build -> environment -> PATH

Since this paths include many info, then let me extract only two paths for "arm-none-eabi-gcc.exe" and "make.exe".

When I had an error "arm-none-eabi-gcc not found in PATH", I changed this path's name "com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.1xxxxxxxx" in my PC to match with below one gotten from above info, as it didn't match. Then, the error disappered.

C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.7.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.10.3-2021.10.win32_1.0.0.202111181127\tools\bin;

Regarding the "make.exe", yes, it does exist. I installed multiple STM32 CubeIDE, because I doubted version difference may be the error cause. Then, the paths' names are different in each version.

When I use version 1.11.2, error releated with "make" doesn't happen. Only about nullgcc exists. I guess that's because the path in my PC matches with below one gotten from above info.

C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.7.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.win32_2.0.100.202202231230\tools\bin;

I attached the build result with make exist.exe in specified path, but nullgcc error exists. Is this acceptable?

But when I use other version, error " make not found in PATH" also appears. Even after I changed the path's name of "com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.make.win32_xxxxx" to match as above, the build looks failed.