cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I build code in Release configuration, STM32CubeIDE doesn't show errors.

TForest
Associate II

Hello,

To test configuration Release, I intentionally made syntax errors in my code. When I switch build configuration from Debug to Release, STM32CubeIDE doesn't show errors on console. Then I tried cleaning project and building all, but nothing changed. I can see errors in build of configuration Debug.

In project properties -> C/C++Build, Configuration is set to Release [Active]. I would like to build my code in Release configuration.

What could be the reason ? “I would be very grateful if you could help me with this problem.

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @TForest​ 

First let me thank you for posting.

Could you provide screenshots of the Release build configuration.

KR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for answering !

Here some screenshots of my configurations. Please let me know if you need more configuration screenshots. By the way I use C++ in my project. Also I noticed that when I build all in Release mode, I saw Build of configuration Debug on Console and it changed to Build of configuration Release on Console immediately. During Build of configuration Debug process errors appeared ,but as I said Build of configuration Release process started just after that.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkqrCQAQ.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkqrMQAQ.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkqrlQAA.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkqs0QAA.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkqsKQAQ.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkqsFQAQ.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkqsZQAQ.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkqq3QAA.png

TForest
Associate II

@Semer CHERNI​ Is there something wrong with my configurations ?

Please post also the build log (from the terminal window/pane)

TForest
Associate II

@Pavel A.​ Since it is too long, I had to save log into file. You can see log output for Release build.

In which source file have you made syntax error?