cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbale to connect to the network

Agour.1
Associate III

We want to migrate from STM32L4+ to STM32U5 series of processor.. this latest software is not supported by older ide (1.6.0) so we need to migrate from stm32cubeide 1.6.0 to 1.10.0..

I have un-installed the older version and cleared all possible directories, disabled firewall, and removed antivirus. we are using windows7 OS.

Done appropriate proxy settings in Window-->Preferences-->Network Connections as per https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/How_to_set_up_proxy_and_P2P_Ethernet_connection_with_STM32CubeIDE.

Upon checking connection status in Window-->Preferences-->STM32Cube-->Firmware updater the check connection failure is noticed. I am unable to create any STM32 project as it needs a network connection for downloading the repository.

I am able to connect properly to another computer in our LAB. with the above-given procedures.

Kindly let me know pointers to debug this issue further.

0693W00000Nt3U1QAJ.png0693W00000Nt3OGQAZ.png

19 REPLIES 19

Thank you Peter for your reply.

We can not directly connect to internet. Via our organization proxy server only we can access the internet.

The network connection was successful on the same machine for the previous installation (1.6.0), but it stopped working when I installed stm32cube1.10.0.

Infact on some other machine its working with same version (1.10.0); only difference is that its fresh installation.

I tried all the three modes but no success.

I got one more doubt - I am able to reload in Available Software Sites as shown in attached image, that indicated valid network connection then why connection failure on firmware update page0693W00000Nt8scQAB.png 

Aymen CHAKROUN
ST Employee

Hi @Agour.1​ ,

Please follow these instructions to collect more details about your network issue:

• Backup following two folders [e.g rename .eclipse to old.eclipse]:

C:\Users\<use_name>\.eclipse

C:\Users\<use_name>\.stm32cubemx

• Open STM32CubeIDE 1.10.0 and set as usual your proxy name and password with 'Manual' setup and only for HTTP and HTTPS

• Click on Apply and then try doing the check connection (try to do twice the check for eventual conflict in the connection test)

• If the check connection is failed, please attach us the '.ide.log' file founded under: "C:\Users\<use_name>\STM32CubeIDE\workspace_1.10.0\.metadata"

Regards,

Aymen.

Hi Aymen,

Thank you for your support. Kindly refer to the ide.log attached in previous replies. I have also attached the zip file for .eclipse and .stm32cubemx for your reference.

Regards,

Aditya

Aymen CHAKROUN
ST Employee

Hi @Agour.1​ ,

I'm suspecting a certificate issue with your proxy company.

The other PC Lab (where CubeIDE execution is OK), is also running on Windows 7 ?

Last trial to test:

• Open the file "C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.10.0\STM32CubeIDE\stm32cubeide.ini"
  • Remove the line -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType=WINDOWS-ROOT
  • Delete your "C:\Users\<usename>\STM32CubeIDE" workspace
  • Delete .eclipse and .stm32cubemx folders
  • Retry to open CubeIDE, setup your usual manual proxy and perform a test connection (may be do the check twice)

Regards,

Aymen.

Hi Aymen

Your last trial worked. Thanks a lot, man. Please see the attached snippet. I am attaching ide log for you to diagnose further.

0693W00000QKFrdQAH.png 

Reply for "The other PC Lab (where CubeIDE execution is OK), is also running on Windows 7 ?" - I have tried two PC with Windows8 and windows7. Please note the fresh installation was done for both of these PCs.

Seems your setup is now OK.

Yes it is.

Thank You again for your support.

I feel the following two lines alone will solve such issues in future:

• Open the file "C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.10.0\STM32CubeIDE\stm32cubeide.ini"
  • Remove the line -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStoreType=WINDOWS-ROOT