cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolchain differences: STM32 arm-none-eabi versus ARM arm-none-eabi

AAnth.1
Senior

Hi

I am curious to know about the differences in arm-none-eabi-*** provided by ARM and the same arm-none-eabi-*** that comes with STM32CubeIDE.

What/where are the differences? In particular, I am curious about the libc.a and the libc_nano.a

I performed a CRC check on those files and compared the ones from the STM32CubeIDE installation and the ones directly from ARM. I concluded that they are different. What and how are they different?

Is there any documentation and resource where I can read up on it?

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3

Doing a CRC typically isn't helpful for comparing function, or situational build dependencies and differences

Perhaps you can pull some metadata out of the library files? Apt to have versioning and path information about what it was built from.

But as it's built from open source, you'd kind of expect the source to be more readily available for review or inspection....

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Somewhere in the Eclipse plugin dir of the ST toolchain is a pdf file that explains the changes vs, the ARM version. Information on their newlib/nano version is unfortunately not easy to find.

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Community membernthon​ 

I recommend that you to check the Patch List doc found under the Information center of STM32CubeIDE.

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.