cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L476 + ST25RU3993

Alex_tw
Associate II

When I tried to start my device using the sample code provided by the manufacturer, I received the error messages "SetBaseFrequency not working" and "PLL not working". I have confirmed that the device's crystal is functioning properly and the MCU is working normally. What could be the possible reasons for this issue?

6 REPLIES 6
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @Alex_tw

Could you please add the exemple, the visions of the firmware that you are using (better to update them). So that other members of community and can test and may help you finding solutions.

Best regards.

II

Hi,Issamos

Thank you for your suggestion.firmware visions : 3.2.1.0

sample code : ST25RU3993_FW_v3.2.1.0_Eval.bin

Hello again @Alex_tw 

I suggest you to open your project using CubeMX and verify your clock configuration are compatible with your board or not.

Best regards.

II

One other thing, this product (ST25RU3993) is an NRND

Screenshot_2023-09-12-03-04-19-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

that means that he is not recommended for new design.

Screenshot_2023-09-12-03-04-58-93_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

That's why I suggest you to think about using a new one.

Best regards.

II

We purchase in bulk from the distributor, so we are not currently concerned about this issue. Thank you for the reminder.

We have used CubeIDE to check the clock frequency settings and found no anomalies.

Given the situation I encountered, is the error "PLL not working" caused by "SetBaseFrequency not working"? And the baseFrequency error should be related to the crystal. Is this line of thinking correct?