cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H745i-DISCO bricked no connection even with boot1

CChri.5
Associate III

Hi, I have recently bricked my STM32H745i-disco board by turning off the m4 core within OB which had a bulk of my code. My board became unresponsive, the LCD turns white and the leds on the board light up but do not respond to the reset button. Stlink says cannot connect to target, but I can update firmware.

I have moved over the resistor across to set boot0 to boot1, however stlink programmer still does not see the board so that I can do full chip erase. Moving the resistor has shown no difference.

any help going forward would be greatly appreciated

cheers

15 REPLIES 15
CChri.5
Associate III

Nevermind, STM32 CubeProgrammer did the job, not sure why but hey ho its unbricker WOoHOo!0693W00000KbjAhQAJ.png

If that is the case, you can connect via access port 3.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Point of note, if you're using the USB connection to the Boot Loader, you then would need to use the "USB" mode of connectivity, not "ST-LINK", similarly the USART/COM port connectivity use "UART" mode.

ST really should make a "recovery" option for H7 in this state where it looks for devices on other access ports..

If this stuff worked robustly it would save so much support effort/resources.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TechGuyMike
Associate III

I ran into a similar problem with my STM32H745i-Disco board (ST-LINK could not be found), and the way to recover was to reboot the PC, open STM32CubeProgrammer and perform a firmware update.

EDallaVia
Associate II

sorry I've read now I've answered an already given answer (with the same procedure to swap resistor)