cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H Nucleo-H7A3ZI-Q Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: No device found on target.

gz273
Associate

Hi,

Urgently need help with STM32. I'm taking over a stm32 board that I'm not familiar with. I have a mechanical engineering background with no hardware experience. The stm is essentially used to power solenoid actuated braking system as well as to record motor encoder information when the motor is running. The current issue im running into is that the computer is unable to initialize the st-link device. I have tried a bunch of things that the internet has suggested to use the stmcubeprogrammer or use the st-link utility software, none have worked so far as seen in the image shown. The physical COM led was normally green, but as of now it is now red. Any advice would be appreciated. PS: I tried to power on boot0, might have fried it lol, cannot get any amp readings now.

processed-04C1C3A8-BB5F-4F12-903B-B17E1A2CFA3B.jpegprocessed-26109026-CE26-4208-A254-8823985E0D7A.jpegprocessed-F72B31EF-F6F6-4A53-B38F-D0F36EB296E4.jpegstm-utility.jpegstmcubefailutre.jpegst-link-failure.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The ST-LINK Utilities predate the H7 and are deprecated, ie NOT SUITABLE

The over current LED is perhaps suggestive of the board being electrically damaged.

The ST-LINK/V3 should be visible in Device Manager. If it is not, it not going to be usable anywhere else on the machine via applications.

Make sure to use Data Cables, not charging cables.

STM32 Cube Programmer is the appropriate stand-alone tool for the STM32H7

Should be reporting 3.3V as the Target Voltage measurement.

Do you have a known good or new board with which to compare experiences?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The ST-LINK Utilities predate the H7 and are deprecated, ie NOT SUITABLE

The over current LED is perhaps suggestive of the board being electrically damaged.

The ST-LINK/V3 should be visible in Device Manager. If it is not, it not going to be usable anywhere else on the machine via applications.

Make sure to use Data Cables, not charging cables.

STM32 Cube Programmer is the appropriate stand-alone tool for the STM32H7

Should be reporting 3.3V as the Target Voltage measurement.

Do you have a known good or new board with which to compare experiences?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..