cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G091 Stopped being detected as debug device by STM Cube after first program.

CMcC.1
Associate II

Hi everyone

I recently got a new STM32G031.

I quickly coded a TIMER app with DMA to check if I can program.

Everything went find and STM Cube could detect and program te device without any issues.

However after it programmed it green flashing light went off which I suspect was the firmware it came with which is correct.

But then even though my PC detects the device as a plugged in USB device... Cube refuses to see it and I can not seem to reprogram it.

Did I mess the clock up or how do I get it to be recognised by cube again?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Try "connect under reset" or BOOT0 HIGH options to stop your code running

Check you're not reconfiguring debug pins, disabling them or putting the device to sleep, these would tend to be deleterious to connectivity.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CMcC.1
Associate II

@Community member​ 

I have managed to connect to the board using the NRST to GND jumper that came with the board.

However when I use it, It connects but then states that the board is held under reset conditions.

I can not seem to find my specific boards page on the STM website and I dont know which pins I am suppose to NOT program.

I am not quite sure how to identify these pins on my specific board anyway.

Not suggesting connecting the NRST to GND, this should be done by the JTAG/SWD pod, but there it's only holding it long enough to get control of the core and the software that runs subsequently.

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/nucleo-g031k8.html#cad-resources

PA13/PA14 are the primary debug pins on all STM32 MCU, PB3 can be SWO on the non-CM0(+)

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CMcC.1
Associate II

I had to remove all the data from the chip in Power Down mode using the Utility, :*(

Gcfsd.1
Associate

Have managed to hook up with the board the usage of the NRST to GND jumper that got here with the board. However after I use it, It connects but then states that the board is held below reset situations.