cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F411RCT6: DEBUGGER STLINK/V2

neelimas
Associate II

Hi Team,

SPI communication is established between STM32F411RCT6(master) with ADS1298(slave). When i run the code , then notfication came to console:

Erasing memory corresponding to segment 0:

Error: Operation exceeds memory limits

Error: failed to erase memory

Encountered Error when opening C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.13.1\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.cubeprogrammer.win32_2.1.0.202305091550\tools\bin\STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe.

Error in STM32CubeProgrammer

Shutting down...

the STM32Cube IDE that iam using is 1.13.1, and with the ST-LINK Utility and STM32CubeProgrammer , i tried to erase the flash memory, iam able to do a mass erase. 

So after that seeing some forum, they have installed  1.12.1 version. I did it and this notification  came in console :  

STMicroelectronics ST-LINK GDB server. Version 7.3.0
Copyright (c) 2023, STMicroelectronics. All rights reserved.

Starting server with the following options:
Persistent Mode : Disabled
Logging Level : 1
Listen Port Number : 61234
Status Refresh Delay : 15s
Verbose Mode : Disabled
SWD Debug : Enabled
InitWhile : Enabled

Waiting for debugger connection...
Debugger connected
Waiting for debugger connection...
Failed to read registers from target
Shutting down...
Exit.     

i changed the frequency of the in the stm32cubeIDE debug session( run>debug configuration>debugger>ST-LINK) to 4000, 8000, auto .

Kindly requesting a help as soon as possible.

Thanks &Regards

Neelima S

5 REPLIES 5
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Please upload a photo of your ST-LINK.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TDK
Guru

> STM32F4RCT6

This isn't a chip name, missing some numbers.

> Error: Operation exceeds memory limits

Suggests you are trying to erase more flash than the chip actually has.

But probably you are working with a bogus programmer and/or board as Peter suggests.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi Peter

Glad to get in touch. Iam using ST-Link from 7SEMI is a USB-based programmer and in-circuit debugger designed for STM32 microcontrollers.iam herewith attaching the photos of the ST-link . Kindly go through.

7semi_stlinkv2.png

7semi_stlink_back.png

Thanks and Regards

Neelima S

Hi,

Sorry for not providing the correct part number its STM32F411RCT6 .  Iam using ST-Link from 7SEMI is a USB-based programmer and in-circuit debugger designed for STM32 microcontrollers. I have attached the photo of the debugger iam using. Kindly go through

Thanks and Regards

Neelima S

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The topic has been discussed very often in the community: It is an illegal clone of an ST-LINK with a different MCU, whose behaviour ST does not know and therefore cannot support. Please buy an original ST-LINK, then you won't have such problems.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.