cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE is damaged and corrupted, how to fix?

ZTu.1
Associate

Hello,

I am a high school student trying to do a project that requires the use of the STM32CubeIDE.

My OS is macOS Mojave 10.14.5. I have a little under 10GB of space in free storage.

I am able to download the file off the website, unzip it, and run the .dmg file, as well as install the additional package inside of the .dmg. I can copy the application into my Applications folder. However, once I try to open the app, whether from the dmg window or the Applications folder or the spotlight search, a window pops up saying 'Verifying' with a progress bar that is stuck around 40%. The bar stays that way for a while, after which it disappears and a new window pops up telling me: "STM32CubeIDE" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the trash.

Earlier attempts have yielded different messages, such as: "STM32CubeIDE" is damaged and can't be opened. You should eject the disk image. And following that message, when I click 'Eject Disk Image', I receive the message: The disk image containing "STM32CubeIDE" could not be ejected. Please move this item to the trash manually.

I have tried to download various versions of the software, first the latest, then 1.6.1, then 1.6.0, but all attempts to install and then open the application have resulted in similar errors.

Please advise, thank you.

0 REPLIES 0