cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE debugger shows wrong RCC register name and bit fields fields for STM32H743 Rev. V

edgts
Associate

Hello,

I would like to report a small bug.

The SFRs tab in the Debug view doesn't show the correct register and bit field names for the RCC register at address 0x58024404. The ones shown correspond to the revision Y ones, not the revision V ones.

According to the reference manual (RM0433), it shows the name of the register and bit field structure for revision Y. The name of the register for revision Y at address 0x58024404 is ICSCR. 

edgts_0-1718788511082.png

and for revision V, it should be HSICFRG:

edgts_1-1718788853517.png

I know for a fact, that I have a revision V type MCU. I tested it using an STLINK-V3MINIE.

When I open the Debug View in STM32CubeIDE and go to the SFRs tab to look into the RCC registers, I see name of the register and the bit field structure for Revision Y devices, altough it should be named HSICFGR:

edgts_3-1718789008973.png

Still, the correct value(0x40) is being written to the right location, which is described in the reference manual. The name of the register itself and the bit fields is wrong.

This is nothing too serious, but a little bit confusing.

STM32CubeIDE Information

Version: 1.15.1

Build: 21094_20240412_1041 (UTC)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @edgts and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Thank you for reporting this issue. I've been able to reproduce it and I've escalated to the concerned team (under internal ticket number 184520) for correction on the coming versions of the SVD files.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @edgts and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

Thank you for reporting this issue. I've been able to reproduce it and I've escalated to the concerned team (under internal ticket number 184520) for correction on the coming versions of the SVD files.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.