cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE can't find DSP static library

Rashad Shubita
Associate III

0693W000000V6PiQAK.jpg0693W000000V6PYQA0.jpg0693W000000V6PTQA0.jpg0693W000000V6POQA0.jpgHii

I have a problem when I add ARM DSP library, the following error appears:

c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.0.0\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.7-2018-q2-update.win32_1.0.0.201904181610\tools\arm-none-eabi\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lC:/IoT/../L59_stm32_examples/Libraries/CMSIS/DSP/lib/arm_cortexM4lf_math.lib

so I tried everything I know but not solved, I add the library to the project, change the name change extinction from.a to .lib, and here is some photo from my project.

Please help and thanks in advance!

14 REPLIES 14
Rashad Shubita
Associate III

Any help?:)

Rashad Shubita
Associate III

UPPPP

Rashad Shubita
Associate III

Maybe this my third time I asked her and no one wants to help, also I don't think there is a mistake in the way I ask the question, this is why I love other community like E2E TI community.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Álvaro Frutos
Associate II

Hi! Did you get any help with that? Maybe somewhere else?

I've just asked the same question here. I've also tried adding the libraries manually to the path and it didn't work. I got the same error as you.

But please, check the steps I followed, maybe we can find a solution together.

Álvaro Frutos
Associate II

By the way I found this reddit link.

Look for it in the repository directory if your chosen tool isn't pulling a localized copy into your project directory, or looking in the wrong place. My general view is the point of static libraries, and library source is that it doesn't need duplicating six ways to sunday, as it makes management of it more difficult, and increases the temptation to edit/modify them on a per project basis.

STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.25.0\Drivers\CMSIS\Lib\GCC\libarm_cortexM4lf_math.a

STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.7.0\Drivers\CMSIS\Lib\GCC\libarm_cortexM4lf_math.a

STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.7.0\Drivers\CMSIS\Lib\GCC\libarm_cortexM7lfdp_math.a

Suggest y'all get a File Manager or search tools allowing you to navigate files and directory trees to locate things you need to find

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I've copied them into my project and linked manually in the project settings.

However, it doesn't feel natural that CubeIDE is copying all headers and adding the associated included automatically and the static libraries have to be added manually.

Rashad Shubita
Associate III

Hi �?lvaro Frutos , clive1 (NFA Crew)

Thanks a lot for your help.

I tried everything I can do, but still, nothing works!

I also tried to use the PDMFilter(AN3998)library but the same error appears..Here some photos of the new project configuration.

So I try to test use the pdm2pcm library from cubemx and it seems to work very nicely with no error..also I take a look at how the library is implemented and then I make the same thing but this not solve the problem...

1#######

0693W000001cM5cQAE.jpg

0693W000001cM5mQAE.jpg

2###########

0693W000001cM6VQAU.jpg

0693W000001cM6fQAE.jpg

0693W000001cM6uQAE.jpg

Hi,

What I did is follow the steps described in my original post to get the include files available. Then, to solve the static library not found problem I just copied the libarm_cortexM4lf_math.a file to my project (without changing the name).

Then I added it to the "Libraries" list. Notice that without the .a extension and without the lib prefix.

0693W000001cMb9QAE.png

Finally I added the path to the library in the "Library Paths".

0693W000001cMcMQAU.png

After this process everything worked.