cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE build analyzer problem

Lex
Associate III

Hi folks,

I use latest STM32CubeIDE on Linux and noticed that build analyzer always updates "Memory Regions" tab for previous build configuration (whatever it was Debug or Release).

No matter how many times I rebuild code in "Debug" configuration, the information is still provided for "Release".

As soon as I switch project setup to "Release", it would show results for "Debug" after next build.

Could anyone explain if Build Analyzer could do analysis of the last build instead of previous configuration? (or it's a bug in the tool)

Cheers,

Lex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
t.decker
Senior II

You can switch to the wanted build configuration view of the analyzer by clicking on the .map / .elf file inside the Debug/Release folder in the Project Explorer file tree.

And new for me in CubeIDE 1.15 is the refresh button thing: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/build-analyzer-does-not-work-after-stm32cubeide-update/m-p/652218

When this account seems to be inactive, try @tdecker2 - ST can't change mail addresses, so I had to create a new account.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AScha.3
Chief II

Hi,

i only use "debug" , so i never seen this problem. (optimizer -O2 .)

Whats the difference (in your settings) between Debug or Release ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
TDK
Guru

It does appear buggy. I don't get the same exact behavior, but it doesn't seem to switch properly between configurations for me. Clearly a bug.

I have found that deleting the Release directory, then building the Debug configuration will get it to show Debug correctly again (and vice versa).

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
t.decker
Senior II

You can switch to the wanted build configuration view of the analyzer by clicking on the .map / .elf file inside the Debug/Release folder in the Project Explorer file tree.

And new for me in CubeIDE 1.15 is the refresh button thing: https://community.st.com/t5/stm32cubeide-mcus/build-analyzer-does-not-work-after-stm32cubeide-update/m-p/652218

When this account seems to be inactive, try @tdecker2 - ST can't change mail addresses, so I had to create a new account.