cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube IDE 1.13.2 "Authentication Error Manager"

coldwell
Associate II

If I try to log in to myST (Alt-L), I see the throbber throb for a while and then this (unhelpful) dialog pops up

coldwell_0-1699130671999.png

So I can't download firmware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
coldwell
Associate II

What worked for me was to simply clone it from github.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF0

into C:\Users\username\STM32Cube\Repository

Since the source code is available on github, it's not clear to me why there is a login requirement to download it through the IDE, and it certainly doesn't improve the user experience.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
coldwell
Associate II

When I tried to download the firmware manually from the ST website, I hit a 503, which probably has something to do with the problem.

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Since you can log in and post messages here, the sign-on server works. Then it can be a temporary outage of content distribution network (CDN) in your area, please try later. (downloading CubeIDE and libraries works for me now, in my area).

coldwell
Associate II

What worked for me was to simply clone it from github.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF0

into C:\Users\username\STM32Cube\Repository

Since the source code is available on github, it's not clear to me why there is a login requirement to download it through the IDE, and it certainly doesn't improve the user experience.

Yeah, it just reinforces the invasive creep of control and monitoring. None of this stuff needs to call home. Many places air-gap their systems to protect corporate networks. I don't see how it speed up fixes, things that have been complained about for years are left unfixed, basic QA and dog-fooding don't seem to be implemented in a way that all the annoying behaviours have been observed and resolved. There are so many things which could improve user experience.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Source on Github is not the exact copy of downloads from the website (or CDN). Mostly same but some minor bits and demos/examples missing because of legalese encumberment.