cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] How do I reconnect STM32CubeIDE 1.4.0 to online Information Center ?

SElli.11
Associate III

Hi,

I recently booted the IDE but forgot to set my mobile phone as a hot spot. Now IDE looks for Information Center on HDD.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I did some testing and it seems like you will need to install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 and then it will fix your issue.

We should probably have that package as a dependency already so I will go ahead and write a ticket for that.

Let me know if the problem persists after the installation!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there,

You should be able to make the Information Center refresh itself by clicking the Home button in the top right corner of the Information Center window.

I'll attach a picture to illustrate which button I mean.

0693W000004GwNpQAK.png

Hi Markus,

Thank you for such a swift reply. I have the IDE open and full screen right now. I have the Information Center showing full screen within the IDE. The only icons showing on the "top right corner of the Information Center window" are the two icons (i.e. the "Minimize" and "Restore" icons) showing on the right of the picture that you have helpfully provided. There are no Home, left arrow, right arrow, or letter/character icons showing.

So now I have another problem. How do I get the icons missing from "the top right corner of the Information Center window" to appear in that location ?

Best regards,

Stuart

That does seem odd, those icons should always be visible. I'm not aware of any setting to hide them.

Could you take a screenshot so I get a better idea of how it looks for you?

Also, what OS is the workstation using? I'm on a Windows 10 computer but I have access to some test computers if you're using something else.

Hi Markus,

First, I'm using Kubuntu 20.04.1, continuously updated.

Secondly, I've attached the required .png screenshoot to this reply. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Stuart

I did some testing and it seems like you will need to install libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 and then it will fix your issue.

We should probably have that package as a dependency already so I will go ahead and write a ticket for that.

Let me know if the problem persists after the installation!

Good afternoon Markus,

I installed the package you mentioned. It has indeed cured the problem. Information Center now has all(!) of its icons showing.

Thank you very much for fixing this problem so quickly. It's very much appreciated.

Best regards,

Stuart