cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search for the best way to change controller in cube IDE.

sde c.1
Senior II

Hi,

What is the most efficient way to change controllers on a custom board?

I have changed the STM32G473RE to an STM32G473RC, the project is build and compiled with cube IDE (so i have an ioc file too). Is there an easy way to change the controller in the ioc file to another one and rebuild the code? Or which other way causes the least work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ouch, didn't double check that. The same list has an "OK, Import" button in STM32CubeMX, which I took for granted. CubeMX has another list of Compatible MCUs at the bottom.

hth

KnarfB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KnarfB
Principal III

Can be done: Open the .ioc, under Pinout&Configuration is a Pinout drop-down menu with a List Pinout Compat. MCUs entry. Shortcut: Alt+L.

hth

KnarfB

yes that list i know , but i can't change the controller in this list to use that device in cube IDE and with code generating .

Ouch, didn't double check that. The same list has an "OK, Import" button in STM32CubeMX, which I took for granted. CubeMX has another list of Compatible MCUs at the bottom.

hth

KnarfB

Yes in CubeMx we can choose another MCU and save a ioc file. Strange this button is not there in cubeIDE. Thanks !

the newly created ioc file causes errors when trying to compile.

any idea how to solve this?

stm32cubemx version 6.5.0

stm32cubeIDE version 1.8.0

In file included from ../Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Template/cmsis_os1.c:28:
../Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Template/cmsis_os.h:157:10: fatal error: cmsis_os2.h: No such file or directory
  157 | #include "cmsis_os2.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
../Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Source/os_systick.c:25:10: fatal error: os_tick.h: No such file or directory
   25 | #include "os_tick.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Template/subdir.mk:19: Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Template/cmsis_os1.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[1]: *** [Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Source/subdir.mk:25: Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Source/os_systick.o] Error 1
../Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Source/os_tick_gtim.c:25:10: fatal error: os_tick.h: No such file or directory
   25 | #include "os_tick.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Source/subdir.mk:25: Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Source/os_tick_gtim.o] Error 1
../Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Source/os_tick_ptim.c:25:10: fatal error: RTE_Components.h: No such file or directory
   25 | #include "RTE_Components.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Source/subdir.mk:25: Drivers/CMSIS/RTOS2/Source/os_tick_ptim.o] Error 1
../Drivers/CMSIS/NN/Source/SoftmaxFunctions/arm_softmax_q15.c:31:10: fatal error: arm_math.h: No such file or directory
   31 | #include "arm_math.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [Drivers/CMSIS/NN/Source/SoftmaxFunctions/subdir.mk:22: Drivers/CMSIS/NN/Source/SoftmaxFunctions/arm_softmax_q15.o] Error 1
make: *** [makefile:205: all] Error 2
"make -j12 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.