cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace across all code files in project

Paul1
Lead

Is there a way to do a Find/Replace across all the code files in a project or group of projects?

i.e. change a variable name in a project or in all open projects?

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

Within a project you can do right click -> refactor -> rename... which is supposed to be smart about where it renames things based on the IDE's understanding of the code.

You can also do Search -> File -> Replace... which appears to do what you want, but I haven't tested it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

Within a project you can do right click -> refactor -> rename... which is supposed to be smart about where it renames things based on the IDE's understanding of the code.

You can also do Search -> File -> Replace... which appears to do what you want, but I haven't tested it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Paul1
Lead

TDK,

The Search>File>Replace works great, can even select scope (project, workspace...)

Thank you

Always so fun switching IDEs.

Paul

> Always so fun switching IDEs.

I can hear the sarcasm. I think I'm on my 5th different IDE for STM32.

Seems like STM32CubeIDE is being supported. They have improved it quite a bit. Hopefully it doesn't get abandoned like so many before it.

Paul1
Lead

Only first IDE with ST/ARM for me. Used many different IDE's at different companies.