cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove CubeIDE editor margin TODO tags.

jlag
Associate III

Does anyone know how to remove the tags that show in the margin to the left of the line numbers in the editor when you have a 'TODO' in a comment on the line? They inhibit my viewing of breakpoints on the line. I guess I could get rid of side comments, but it is existing code.

jlag_1-1714693120799.png

Regards,

JL

PS, are there any hints to find post labels for IDE questions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The task tags are defined in:

Window > Preferences > C/C++ > Task Tags

If you delete the tags TODO and XXX, which are inserted by default, they are no longer marked in the source code. Incidentally, the tags are evaluated case insensitive and only when the respective C file has been saved.

BTW: the line markers are changed to a nicer small blue circle with a white tick with the help of DevStyle from the Eclipse market.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

I haven't found a way to turn it off. I would just move the comment on it's own line.

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

@Karl Yamashita - Thanks Karl, I figured such. Eclipse has come a long way since I started using it in 2007 for sure. I am still not happy with the ability to detect breakpoints on a line in the margin. Wish users could make a bigger, perhaps colored red, indicator in that margin for a breakpoint. It isn't many pixels to determine the breakpoint active vs inactive or when you are actually stopped on that line in execution. All tools have their issues for sure... 

@Karl Yamashita - This works for me 🙂 :

jlag_0-1714699438511.png

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The task tags are defined in:

Window > Preferences > C/C++ > Task Tags

If you delete the tags TODO and XXX, which are inserted by default, they are no longer marked in the source code. Incidentally, the tags are evaluated case insensitive and only when the respective C file has been saved.

BTW: the line markers are changed to a nicer small blue circle with a white tick with the help of DevStyle from the Eclipse market.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.