cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with STM32 VSCode Extension

SidPrice
Associate III

I have an issue with adding files to a project I have using the STM32 VSCode extension. I have been working on this project for some time without issue. However, today I needed to add a new source file, I opened STM32CubeIDE and added the source file and entered a small stub function. The project compiled in CubeIDe, so, I switched back to VSCode, my preferred IDE. When I opened the new file I saw a very short red "squiggle" at the very first character position. When hovering the cursor over this I get the message "command line error: language modes specified are incompatible. C/C++(1027)".

The project builds within VSCode just fine; however, IntelliSense is inoperable withing the file. This makes editing much harder and I would like to know how to resolve this issue.

I have tried deleting the additions and redoing them, the result is always the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SidPrice
Associate III

It seems my computer just needed to be restarted, when I powered up today and opened my project the squiggly line had gone, and IntelliSense was also working.

Going to mark this as (accidentally) resolved 🙂  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SidPrice
Associate III

It seems my computer just needed to be restarted, when I powered up today and opened my project the squiggly line had gone, and IntelliSense was also working.

Going to mark this as (accidentally) resolved 🙂