cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting STM32CubeMX project to STM32CubeIDE

octo-ig
Associate

Hi,

I keep getting errors when trying to port a project from STM32CubeMX (v6.9.0) to STM32CubeIDE (v1.13.0). I have updated IDE due to a previous error stating incompatibility between the versions of MX being used - this has now been replaced by the attached error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
octo-ig
Associate

Hey Pavel,

I've just solved the issue by selecting STM32CubeIDE in the toolchain code generator option for setting the project up - I hadn't realised it was set to EWARM. 

Thank you so much for your contributions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AScha.3
Chief II

porting ... how you do ?

try:

AScha3_0-1690204455762.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

More details on your machine, please? OS, version?

I have updated IDE due to a previous error stating incompatibility between the versions of MX being used

Experience points unlocked :))

This is the main reason why to prefer standalone CubeMX to work on .ioc files and generate code. Once the project has been generated in variety of CubeMX versions, it is (almost) a normal eclipse project and you can open it in your older, stable CubeIDE, with a stable toolchain. If a newer version of the library is needed, CubeMX will install it.

octo-ig
Associate

Hey Pavel,

I've just solved the issue by selecting STM32CubeIDE in the toolchain code generator option for setting the project up - I hadn't realised it was set to EWARM. 

Thank you so much for your contributions.