cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-H745ZIQ target not found error

Nsg1987
Senior

Hello,

I am working on Nucleo-H745ZIQ board. The changed the operating frequency of the board through clock congifuration (CubeMx) to 480 MHz for M7 and 240 MHz for M4.

I changed RCC à supply source à changed to PWR_EXTERNAL_SOURCE_SUPPLY

Jumper J2 changed to VIN.

VIN pin of the board connected to external 9 V supply.

When I load the program, it is showing no target found. Then I reset the core using STM32Cube programmer and tried to reload the code, it is showing same error.

After reset, I changed the board frequency to default (75 MHz) and RCC à supply source à Internal power supply. Board was programmed with same code, it is running okay. External supply removed.

Can anyone help me to figure out what’s wrong I am doing?

Regards,

Nikhil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nsg1987
Senior
3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Nsg1987 ,

Check powering jumpers on the board. Try connect under reset.

I recommend you checking the How to unbrick an STM32H7 after setting the wrong power mode article.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Nsg1987
Senior

Hello @Imen.D 

Thank you for your reply. I got the board working by shorting Boot0 pin with 3.3 V and with the help of STM32CubeProgrammer. 
Now I want to run the board with maximum frequency i.e. 480 MHz for M-7 and 240 MHz for M-4. 

Nsg1987_0-1688640814831.png

After doing clock configuration in MX, RCC show the option for supply source as below. There is no option for selection of internal SMPS supply.

Nsg1987_1-1688640909943.png

I selected external source supply and given supply to VIN pin (+9V) by connecting J2 to VIN. I programmed the same board and found the same result "Target not responding".

Could you please help me to run the board with maximum frequency which is 480 and 240 MHz for M7 and M4 respectively.

Regards,

Nikhil

Nsg1987
Senior

Solution:

Nsg1987_0-1688978807103.png