cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help: Ethernet not working on H723ZG without FreeRTOS.

eduardo_reis
Associate III

Hello Folks,

I use the H723ZG Nucleo board without FreeRTOS. I had configured Ethernet for the H723ZG in the past. But I am unable to configure it again now, even when following the same steps. When I first got it working, my configuration was based on this Youtube video STM32 ETHERNET #1. Hardware Configuration || PART 1.

In addition, I spent countless days trying to configure the Ethernet without FreeRTOS based on this post How to create project for STM32H7 with Ethernet and LwIP stack working from @Adam BERLINGER . I was able to get it working WITH FreeRTOS, but not WITHOUT it. And I am here to kindly ask for your help.

Here are some screenshots from my `.ioc` file.

Screenshot from 2024-01-29 16-21-39.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-29 16-22-17.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-29 16-22-45.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-29 16-23-52.png

I am testing it with the ping example.

/* USER CODE BEGIN 0 */
extern struct netif gnetif;
/* USER CODE END 0 */

[...]

/* Infinite loop */
/* USER CODE BEGIN WHILE */
while (1)
{
/* USER CODE END WHILE */
/** PING Example */
ethernetif_input(&gnetif);
sys_check_timeouts();
/* USER CODE BEGIN 3 */
}
/* USER CODE END 3 */

I would appreciate any feedback on this matter from anyone.

Many thanks,

Eduardo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eduardo_reis
Associate III

This question was reposted and answered here. Thank you for all the support.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eduardo_reis
Associate III

I forgot to mention that I have seen https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus/how-to-create-project-for-stm32h7-with-ethernet-and-lwip-stack/ta-p/49308,but without much success on finding what I am missing.

eduardo_reis
Associate III

@Laurids_PETERSEN, @MSG_ST , @Adam BERLINGER ,

Since I read great post by all of you, I am wondering if any of you could provide any feedback on this. 🙂

Many thanks,

Hi @eduardo_reis,
Thanks for reaching out!

I have forwarded your request to the respective team, but I cannot guarantee a specific timeframe for a reply at this point. 

If you should find a solution in the meantime, feel free to post it here so that others can learn from your use case. 

shekharc
Associate

Hi @eduardo_reis , 

Recently I faced similar issue and was unable to establish any communication on this H723 Nucleo board with PC. I tried with LWIP with and without FreeRTOS and also NetxDuo with and without ThreadX. After lot of search I found this project where memory configuration was little different than it was in my previous attempts. Please see the RAM, Rx/Tx Descriptor addresses and MPU configurations from this project. It worked for me and I hope this helps you too.

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/x-cube-azrtos-h7/blob/main/Projects/NUCLEO-H723ZG/Applications/NetXDuo/Nx_TCP_Echo_Client/README.md

eduardo_reis
Associate III

This question was reposted and answered here. Thank you for all the support.