cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message from CubeIDE: "missing natures" what does it mean?

HLJ
Associate II

when i import an example from FW package, i got this message.

i have no idea what "nature" is, how could i solve this error?

HLJ_0-1723996158332.png

thanks for your support !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

This is example project in the Cube library, created with some other version of Eclipse. It needs conversion. Do not open it directly in CubeIDE. Do: Import... Example project. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HLJ
Associate II

and if i don't solve this problem, it won't allow me to build the project.

HLJ_0-1723996416898.png

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @HLJ and welcome to the ST Community .

I suggest you to:

• Ensure that you are using the last version of STM32CubeMX (V6.12.0) STM32CubeIDE (V 1.16.0).
  • Select the example that you are going to use throw CubeMX and open it on CubeIDE. 

This methode should work fine.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

@STTwo-32 thanks for your reply.

I found the example I'm going to use is not support STM32cubeIDE.

maybe the "nature" problem is because of this issue?

HLJ_0-1724688207879.png

In addition, could you explain the different between STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE? 
I can create STM32 project by both of them, but I don't know the different.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

This is example project in the Cube library, created with some other version of Eclipse. It needs conversion. Do not open it directly in CubeIDE. Do: Import... Example project. 

Hello @HLJ 

To open this project, you have to follow this user manual. For the difference between CubeMX and IDE. First, CubeMX is a graphical interface designed to just do the first configuration and initialisations for your project. For the CubeIDE, it is just a toolchain that we can use to write code, configure parameters,  run compile and debug our code. 

Ps: CubeIDE even incubate CubeMX.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

HLJ
Associate II

@STTwo-32 @Pavel A. 

it works! thanks for the user manual @STTwo-32 provided and @Pavel A. also helps me to get the key point.

thank you very much.

HLJ
Associate II

by the way, I can build and upload the code to the stm32, but the "nature" problem still there.

every time I import an example, the warning pop up. But it seems no effect on my project(?

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

If your project builds successfully, you can delete from the .project file <natures> section  the lines that cause warnings (that contain something ....fr)