cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linker error in STM32 project

Icont.1
Associate II

I created a project with CubeIde for the nucleo144 board. I managed the pins for my specific configuration, I inserted files already created externally to perform functions but at the time of compilation I get this error

Cannot find the specified linker script. Check the linker settings in the build configuration. 

Cannot find the specified linker script. Check the linker settings in the build configuration.

but in the configuration I have not touched anything from the initial creation of the project and its first compilation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

The two *.ld files are linker files. By default, it should be using the one that ends in _FLASH.

Including the full error message would be helpful. The linker command will specify the filename it's using and trying to find.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Imen.D
ST Employee

​Hello @Icont.1​ ,

Make sure that you have the correct linker script path.

You should set properly Under "Linker Script" the right path in CubeIde (Properties->C/C++ Build ->Setting ->Tool Settings->MCU G++ Linker ->General).

You can share a screenshot if your issue is not resolved.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Icont.1
Associate II

the screen of the setting is this but in the project folder I have no reference to anything about the linker. Which file or folder should I go to recover and insert to fix the problem?0693W00000FDQnjQAH.png0693W00000FDQm2QAH.png

TDK
Guru

The two *.ld files are linker files. By default, it should be using the one that ends in _FLASH.

Including the full error message would be helpful. The linker command will specify the filename it's using and trying to find.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Icont.1
Associate II

full error message0693W00000FDb1MQAT.png

Icont.1
Associate II

thanks I solved by manually setting as linker the file *.ld (FLASH) from the settings.