cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to make a your own file tree in a Cube IDE project and remove the Src Inc folders ?

TKopp.67
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I want to organise a little bit more our stm32cube projects. I want to remove Src and Inc folders and create some subfolders. Is it doable without having to use your own Makefile to compile the project ?

Thanks in advance for your answer, and sorry if that question has already been answered.

Best Regards,

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

It can be done, but you loose the possibility to re-generate the source code pieces generated from the .ioc file. Even if you don't want to re-generate now, you might want to re-generate later to profit from incoming updates.

You are also risking to clutter up the project structure if you accidently re-generate the code.

If you still want to do it, you have to adjust the Paths and Symbols properties of your project to reflect that new folder structure.

[Edit:] It is safe to add new folders and files and leave the generated stuff as is.

hth

KnarfB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KnarfB
Principal III

It can be done, but you loose the possibility to re-generate the source code pieces generated from the .ioc file. Even if you don't want to re-generate now, you might want to re-generate later to profit from incoming updates.

You are also risking to clutter up the project structure if you accidently re-generate the code.

If you still want to do it, you have to adjust the Paths and Symbols properties of your project to reflect that new folder structure.

[Edit:] It is safe to add new folders and files and leave the generated stuff as is.

hth

KnarfB

TKopp.67
Associate II

Hi KnarfB,

Thanks for the answer, it's as i thought so that it would not be that simple because of the code generation.

have a nice day,

Best Regards,

Thomas

mattias norlander
ST Employee

It is only for "STM32Cube" project that you have a fixed project structure.

For Empty and CDT projects you are free to manage the structure of folders and files as you wish.

But no MX auto-generated code in these two project types. ...Just to complete the answer.