cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a software update override option?

CPope.2
Associate

Hello,

I am a Lab Instructor at the University of Waterloo, Ontario Canada.

I am using the STM32CubeIDE tools in my lab. There are about 200 students using my lab every term. I have the STM32CubeIDE tools running on 24 workstations in the lab and I have the whole class running these tools for an assigned embedded project. Each student has his/her own  Nucleo

The situation for which I am trying to gain some kind of supervisory control, is with the software updates for the tools. I want to use a consistent software version for the whole of each term. But my students keep getting these update notices from the web and too many times, things get mixed up with different versions of software components running at different workstations.

Question: Is there some kind of option for not allowing software updates to happen? If so, I would like to enable that option whenever the STM32CubeIDE tools are invoked. Then, after the term is over, I can do a common update on all workstations.

Thank you for your time,

Charles K. Pope, P.Eng.

2 REPLIES 2
KnarfB
Principal III

Hi, in STM32CubeIDE goto Window > Preferences

Configure Automatic Updates as you need. You may also individually disable Available Software Sites. For the firmware packages, see Firmware Updater settings.

hth

KnarfB

RhSilicon
Lead

As the STM32CubeIDE is based on the Eclipse IDE, it might be more assertive to get help from the Eclipse forum, for example:

Multiple User Installation(Instructions)

How to make multi user work on 1 server

Multiple user (classroom) installs