cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it safe to remove STM32CubeIDE older versions?

PG.1
Associate III

Hello!

My Ubuntu PC tells me that I'm running low on storage, and I would like to remove a few unused programs. I just installed STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0, but I noticed that in /opt/st, there are still older versions, 1.6.0 and 1.6.1. Is it safe to remove them?

How do I remove them? I thought about brutal force, sudo rm -rf, but there might be drawbacks and I thought it might be safer to first ask for advice.

Thanks for any hint.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

Any projects you have are saved in the workspaces and each installation comes as a stand-alone "package" that installs any required components etc. So it's safe to remove older versions if you only want to use the latest release.

I would suggest following the Installation Guide (UM2563) which also has a chapter about uninstalling STM32CubeIDE, with chapter 8 covering Linux.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

Any projects you have are saved in the workspaces and each installation comes as a stand-alone "package" that installs any required components etc. So it's safe to remove older versions if you only want to use the latest release.

I would suggest following the Installation Guide (UM2563) which also has a chapter about uninstalling STM32CubeIDE, with chapter 8 covering Linux.

PG.1
Associate III

Hello Markus!

Thanks for you fast reply!

I will first delete 1.6.0, and keep 1.6.1 for a while just in case there are issues with 1.70.

It will save 2G.

Thanks a lot!