cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add Doxygen to stm32cubeIDE

MBHIR.12
Associate

Hello everyone,

I am working on a project using the STM32F407 µC in the process of developing my code and documenting it I wanted to integrate Doxygen inside the IDE and I'm not sure if it's possible if yes I would appreciate it if anyone can show me how.

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Bob S
Principal

Depends on what you mean by "integrate". If you want the build process to also build the Doxygen files you can add a "post-build" step to run Doxygen. Go to the project properties dialog, then "C/C++ Build", then "Settings". In the "Configurations" line up top select "all configurations", or perhaps only "release" if that is the only time you want to (re)create the doxygen files. Then under the "post-build steps" add the Doxygen command line.

If you want to edit the oxygen config file in the IDE, there are (or were) plug-ins for that. But CubeIDE's support for non-ST provided plug-ins is hit or miss.

MBHIR.12
Associate

the goal for me is to generate to comments automatically while coding and at the end generate to documentation

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

CubeIDE is Eclipse. All Doxygen add-ons for suitable Eclipse version should work, if the Eclipse marketplace client in CubeIDE is not broken.