cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indexer problem in STM32CUDEIDE 1.8 and 1.9

Hello dear friends,

I have installed STM32CUBEIDE v1.7, v1.8 and v1.9. Since V1.8 the indexer can't find variables and functions in cube-generated files and throw this type of message.

"Could not find symbol 'blah blah' in index".

This issue is really annoying. Could you help me on solving this issue?

PS. V1.7 indexer is working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there,

Do you receive these indexer problems directly when you generated a completely new STM32 project in the new version of STM32CubeIDE?

A few things to check:

• Make sure you use a new workspace for each different version of STM32CubeIDE
  • (If it's not a new project) Import existing project into workspace from the old version of CubeIDE
  • Rebuild the indexer as shown in the screenshot below

0693W00000NrhwVQAR.png 

If I misunderstood the problem then please let me know. A detailed step-by-step to reproduce the issue is always appreciated!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there,

Do you receive these indexer problems directly when you generated a completely new STM32 project in the new version of STM32CubeIDE?

A few things to check:

• Make sure you use a new workspace for each different version of STM32CubeIDE
  • (If it's not a new project) Import existing project into workspace from the old version of CubeIDE
  • Rebuild the indexer as shown in the screenshot below

0693W00000NrhwVQAR.png 

If I misunderstood the problem then please let me know. A detailed step-by-step to reproduce the issue is always appreciated!

Dear @Markus GIRDLAND​ 

Thank you for your reply. Sorry, some part of the problem was from my side. I incorrectly entered the project import directory, which led to the event that none of the cube-generated files couldn't be found using F3 shortcut. But the unsolved part is that it can not find the codes inside stm32f4xx.h file. all others are OK

Could you expand on the unsolved part? What code is unable to be found? What errors are you facing? Could you take a screenshot to clarify the issue?