cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use arm_sin_f32 and arm_cfft in STM32CubeIDE

KXu.3
Associate II

I'm using arm_sin_f32 and arm_cfft in STM32CubeIDE, but no matter how I change my setting, there is still a bug like "undefined reference" exist. It seems like I have done wrong while changing the setting.

Is there a user guidence of how to use these fuctions in STM32CubeIDE?

Please be quick, i'm in a hurry to finish my project.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
KXu.3
Associate II

Is there anyone can help?I'm desperate...

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @KXu.3​ ,

The package X-CUBE-DSPDEMO contains some examples for signal processing and that should be using the functions arm_sin_f32 and arm_cfft.

The examples with TrueSTUDIO as toolchain can be easily ported to STM32CubeIDE.

You can get more details about this package looking to the application note AN4841.

I hope this will help you to go ahead with your project.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the answer.

Honestly i know how to use these functions in MDK, it's not what I'm so confused about.

What I really want is a offical user guidence of how to use those DSP files by changing some specific setting in STM32CubeIDE, like step by step.

That really troubles me .

I can use these DSP files correctly in MDK, but how to use these files in STM32CubeIDE, I haven't got a clue, there are too much difference between MDK and STM32CubeIDE in enviroment and complier.

Even though, I think the offical guidence may be not exist for some develop tools like STM32CubeIDE, it's too fresh new.

For what it's worth, some simple guidence of how to use these DSP file by changing STM32CubeIDE project setting may be what I just need.

Thanks again.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi @KXu.3​ ,

Your proposal will be taken as an official request to setup a step by step tutorial that describes how to embed DSP library in STM32CubeIDE.

For the time being, what I suggested is to look to the TrueSTUDIO project (not MDK one). When you open this project with STM32CubeIDE, you will be prompted to import project to STM32CubeIDE environment. Try it this way and let me know if it works.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello.

There was a way to import ARM CMSIS MATH via STM32CubeIDE.

Although, I can't find it anyway (and anyway, it was not working properly).

You need to add headers and libraries by yourself.

Please, let me know if you still have problem with this, I will try to write you steps how to import them.