cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move (copy/paste) a STM32CubeIDE project to another PC?

WQ
Associate III

with different paths and versions of STM32CubeIDE and Embedded Firmware Packages?

In other words, if we want to share a STM32CubeIDE among our colleagues, what is the way to migrate/duplicate/re-create a STM32CubeIDE project?

We are new to ST's MCU and STM32CubeIDE. We just found it is difficult in STM32CubeIDE.

Thanks for help in advance.

-Wenwei

8 REPLIES 8
JMala.3
Associate III

Just copy the whole directory containing the project (the top directory should contain the .cproject file), then open STM32CubeIDE, making a new workspace if necessary, then select File, "Open project from file system", browse to the directory with the project and press OK.

WQ
Associate III

Hi, JMala.3, it didnt work. Here is what I got:

15:29:41 **** Clean-only build of configuration Debug for project projectxxxx_v3 ****

make -j8 clean 

rm -rf default.size.stdout sensorwafer_v3.elf projectxxxx_v3.list projectxxxx_v3.map

15:29:42 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 232ms)

15:29:42 **** Build of configuration Debug for project projectxxxx_v3 ****

make -j8 all 

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Users/Person12345/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.13.3/Utilities/lpm/tiny_lpm/stm32_lpm.c', needed by 'Utilities/stm32_lpm.o'. Stop.

"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

15:29:42 Build Failed. 1 errors, 0 warnings. (took 409ms)

The projectxxxx_v3 was zipped and sent by Person12345. I am the Person67890 and have different version of STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.14.1 : 'C:/Users/Person67890/STM32Cube/Repository/STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.14.1/Utilities/lpm/tiny_lpm/stm32_lpm.c'

I tried to manually change the path settings in project property. But it seems there are still other places I don't know.

I can install the version in the copied project. But I cant definitely have the same absolute paths of the original.

-WQ

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ 

Are you using a version control system or just export and import?

Regardless you have to clean the project from absolute paths :

• MCU GCC Compiler - includes path
  • MCU GCC linker - Linker script field
  • MCU GCC linker - using a static libraries? make sure that it use relative paths
  • Debug configurations - Try to recreate the debug configuration since the .launch file may contain some absolute paths

Kind regards,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

No, we don't use any version control.

I just found there are many places to do manual editing.

0693W00000StsGUQAZ.jpg 

0693W00000StsGyQAJ.jpg 

0693W00000StsEnQAJ.jpg 

This is our first project with STM32 MCU (with our custom designed STM32WB5MMG PCB). It is quite surprised to know STM32CubeIDE is for single handed development.

-WQ

JMala.3
Associate III

That weilrd, How was the project start ed originally. We do use Source control and we have 3 or 4 people using the same source files .. Here are the compiler settings in our code.

0693W00000StsVtQAJ.png 

0693W00000StsWSQAZ.png0693W00000StsW3QAJ.png

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

>  It is quite surprised to know STM32CubeIDE is for single handed development.

The one "single handed" thing in CubeIDE or CubeMX is that the "repository" by default is installed into per-user location.

You can move the "repository" root directory to a global location.

For example /usr/src/STM32Cube works both on Linux and Windows (well with a quirk. On Windows it actually is C:\usr\src\ but Eclipse correctly substitutes the paths).

Then generate Cube projects, and the shared libraries will be in the portable location.,

Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello

What is the progress? Have you managed to fix the relative paths?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

BChan.1539
Associate

프로�?트 진행중 STM32CubeIDE 개발환경�?� 다른 컴퓨터로 �?��?�하는 방법.

개발 진행중�? 개발컴퓨터�?� 윈�?�우 부팅�?� 불가능하게 �?�어​

예전 컴퓨터�? 설정�?� 것과 �?��?�하게 새 컴퓨터로 �?��?�하는�?� 성공했습니다.​

1) workspace를 �?��?�한 path로 복사해 둔다.

D:>stworks>(many project folders)

2) 버전�?� �?�치시켜�?�.

예전컴퓨터�? 설치�?� 것�?� 최신 버전으로 업�?��?�트하고

새 컴퓨터�? 설치�?� 것�?� 최신버전으로 업�?��?�트해 준다.

3) configuration �?��?�를 복사하�?�.

예전컴퓨터�? 설치�?� C:>ST>...>STM32CubeIDE>configuration�?�

새 컴퓨터�? 설치한 X:>ST>...>​STM32CubeIDE>configuration으로

복사해 준다.

�?�렇게 해서 ​잘 �?�작하고 있습니다.