cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change highlighting color when using the dark theme

MBabu.3
Associate II

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how I can change the grey highlighting color to make the dark theme usable. I could not find it in the settings yet.

Have attached a picture as reference.

Would be thankful for any hints.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello again,

I usually just use the standard theme in STM32CubeIDE so I'm not very experienced. However, I would guess that you would need to make changes in the dark theme itself if the standard settings doesn't change anything.

If (for example) you use "Darkest Dark Theme with DevStyle" they mention on their website that you can customize it by going to:

Preferences>General>DevStyle>Color Themes

Do you have any option if you go to Preferences>General>DARK_THEME_THAT_YOU_USE ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there,

It should be in "Window -> Preferences -> Editors -> Text Editors -> Selection Background color".

I'll attach a screenshot to illustrate.0693W00000FBAUNQA5.png

MBabu.3
Associate II

Hello Markus,

thank you so much for your support.

I tried to change all colors in this setting tab, but unfortunately it had no effect in changing the grey color of the highlighting bar.

Have changed colors in the "Colors and Fonts" tab, but unfortunately so far without the desired effect.

Hello again,

I usually just use the standard theme in STM32CubeIDE so I'm not very experienced. However, I would guess that you would need to make changes in the dark theme itself if the standard settings doesn't change anything.

If (for example) you use "Darkest Dark Theme with DevStyle" they mention on their website that you can customize it by going to:

Preferences>General>DevStyle>Color Themes

Do you have any option if you go to Preferences>General>DARK_THEME_THAT_YOU_USE ?

Thank you so much for your support. I had this problem with the black theme from the standard installation.

Now after Installing the DevStyle themes, the readability is fine.

Edthty
Associate

I find!