cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we modify the project present in remote connection using STM32CubeIDE.

Maksh.1
Associate III

Hi, i have added remote connection in STM32CubeIDE (preferences > Remote development > Remote connections)

Now i need to modify the project present in the folder of remote connection

How can i modify the project present in remote PC connection

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there!

What are you trying to modify? How the project presents itself to the screen? Is there information that is missing?

Could you add a screenshot to the thread of how it looks and what you would like to modify?

Maksh.1
Associate III

Hi @Markus GIRDLAND​ 

Sorry for the delay in replay

Actually iam using stm32mp1 processor , so i want to modify the example M4 projects using STM32CUbeIDE which are present in linux Distribution package .

which is present in linux virtual machine which i can access only using SSH.

so i have created remote connection in STM32Cube IDE ,iam able to access the console of remote connection but iam unable to find any directory in project explorer.

FYI : the projects already present in project explorer are not from the virtual machine

0693W00000Dq5NQQAZ.png 

LudovicR
ST Employee

Hi Maksh.1,

To clarify about M4 projects:

. Starter kit provides you with SDCard content which includes M4 binaries:

. they appears on the target under /usr/local/Cube-M4-examples

. you can access them via Linux console

. inside STM32CubeIDE you can import those examples from STM32CubeFirmware,

. they will appear inside Project Explorer of STM32CubeIDE

. you can compile them, and debug them. In case of debug in production mode, M4 binary is donwloaded on the target /usr/local/projects/<prj_name>/ ...

To have a better idea of STM32CubeIDE purpose I recommend you to have a look to https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32CubeIDE

Hope this help,

LudovicR

Maksh.1
Associate III

Thanks @LudovicR​ 

my requirement is i have a remote linux PC which i can access only through ssh ,

Now my question is how can i import the M4 project example present in Distribution package which present in Linux PC and modify it using Cube IDE .

after modifying it i need to build linux image along with the m4 project in linux PC without copying and pasting the M4 example in Distribution package.